We are so glad you are interested in becoming a Make-A-Wish® volunteer! Call Make-A-Wish at 800-676-9474 to obtain a volunteer application or click here to send us your request via an online form. Anyone who wants to volunteer must complete an application and obtain a national criminal history background check. All forms are provided by Make-A-Wish Greater Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
- All volunteers must agree to abide by the policies and procedures of Make-A-Wish Greater Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
- All wish granting volunteers must be 21 or older.
- All prospective volunteers must attend a one-on-one interview/orientation with the Volunteer Coordinator or a Regional Office Manager.
- All new volunteers must attend a four-hour training class, which is held on Saturdays or in the evenings.
- Newly-trained wish volunteers will agree to be part of a wish team and complete two to three wishes as a "trainee."
- Wish Granting Training 201 is mandatory for all wish granting volunteers every other year following the volunteer's completion of the initial Wish Granting Training 101 session.